Healthcare Response to Weapons of Mass Destruction
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe categories of weapons of mass destruction.
- Identify symptoms of select biological, chemical and radiological threats.
- Discuss treatment of select biological, chemical and radiological threats.
- Describe personal protective equipment (PPE) for biological, chemical and radiological threats.
- Discuss syndromic surveillance and reporting procedures for acts of terrorism involving biological agents.
- Identify how to use the Health Alert Network.
Want larger text? Click here for the Large Print course
Finished studying the course? Take the Exam.
|Approved By:||The Nevada State Board of Nursing accepts continuing nursing education that is approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Access Continuing Education, Inc. is approved as a provider|
|CE Credits:||7.4 Contact Hours; credit available until 2/24/2015
Access Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
7.4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Access Continuing Education, Inc. partners with the Institute for Medical and Nursing Education to provide CME credit. Click here to be taken to the CME credit course.
|Cost:||$60.00 *NOTE: If your association, employer, or organization is paying for this course, and you log in utilizing the correct procedure provided by your association/employer/organization, you will not be charged upon completion of the test. Be sure to check with your association/employer/organization for the correct login procedure.|
|Directions:||Click here for Directions|
|Authors:||Steve Weinman, RN, BSN
Silvia Y. Beaupre, MS, RN, CS, NP, PMHNP-BC
|Course Format Options:||Enter Course Online
Download Coursebook (PDF)
References to non-Access Continuing Education, Inc. sites on the Internet are a convenience and service to our learners and does not constitute or imply endorsement of these organizations or their programs by Access Continuing Education, Inc. URL addresses listed in this course were current as of the date of publication.